16 July 2010

Surgery Date!!!

I just got home from my nutrition class and running some errands. As expected, they called us into the office one at a time to get our surgery dates ... My date is Tuesday, 24 August, 2010! I am so freaking excited! Pre-op at the doctor's office is Thursday, 19 August, at 8:30 AM. UGH! The pre-op appointment at the hospital has not been schedule yet.

After I got my surgery date, I went to the bank and got a cashier's check for the amount of my down payment, and ran it back to the office, so that's taken care of. I wanted to pay it while we had it, in case something came up and we felt like we needed the money for something else. Now, that's not even an option!

Good, good news! They weighed me at the doctor's office. My official pre-op weight is 323.5. Why is that good news? Well, when I weighed Tuesday on my scale, I was 333.8. I realize that different scales will weigh differently, so I'm not counting all of that as a loss. But some of it has to be, right? Especially since when I weighed at home, I weighed in knit shorts and t-shirt and today I had on my heaviest jeans! Now, I am so eager for Tuesday to get here, so I can weigh again on my own scales! I'm already noticing that my pants are a bit more comfortable! YAY FOR ME!

Did I mention I was excited???!!!

11 comments:

  1. That is fabulous! WOOO HOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just over a month until your NEW LIFE begins! Your skinny life! YES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!! And congrats on the loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the loss!! It doesn't matter if it's a different scale, think of the positive that you loss something!!

    Also, congrats on the surgery!! Hopefully that'll help be the spark you need on the journey to a happier healthier you!! :) Good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoo-hoo!! You are going to rock the band :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for a date!!!! Just found you and can't wait to follow! -BG

    I'm here:
    http://bandgroupiethesweetspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're on your way! One thing that has really helped me is to do before and after pictures. I have my before pictures and measurements. After each 10 pounds I take new pics and measurements. It helps when I don't *feel* like I'm changing to *see* the changes.

    I am so excited for you...you are going to do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats...I remember getting my surgery date as one of the absolute days within this journey...so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES YES YES!!!! Sooo excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete