13 September 2010

Starting Over ...

I know it's not even noon yet, but today hasn't been too bad. I've decided to look at staying on my plan (what I eat and exercising) not as something I "have to" do or "should" do, but as a way of showing myself love. While it may not be fun in the moment, taking care of my body/health is a way of staying true to my higher goals. It's a way of making my life better.

I'm going back to my pre-op diet for now -- two shakes and a sensible meal. I'm going to try to bump up my exercise a bit, too. I now walk each evening. I'm hoping to add morning walks, too. I can't go very far at a time, so going twice a day seems to be the right thing to do. I'm also writing down what I eat again. I'm not counting calories or carbs, I'm just keeping track of what I eat. No judgments, just facts.

Thanks so much for all the kind words on my previous post. I'll be blog-hopping this evening, so I'll come visit you all then.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go. Show yourself some love! It's all about getting back on track... this is a life style change. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be too hard on yourself. Right now you are doing it all on your own. The band isn't giving you much help yet. When you get good restriction, it is a whole different story. After all, if we were good dieters, we wouldn't need the lap-band. Try to make good food choices and keep up the exercise. Get fills every four weeks or so until you get to your sweet spot. Right now is about learning the bandster good habits - small bites, lots of chewing, no drinking while eating, eat slowly, be mindful when you eat.

    And remember, they don't call it Bandster Hell for nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amaris!,

    I just found your blog link through Amanda (Amanda's Waning). You had signed on as a Follower to my blog a while back but I could never find your blog to Follow you too!! I am so glad I finally did! I will be Following you too now, and I will be catching up on your blog shortly.

    Debi: http://hawaiiboundbandster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete