11 August 2016

Whole30 -- Day 2



Day 2 has come and gone, without much to write about. There were no cravings, no temptations. Just good whole food, and even better blood sugars.

Meal 1: Two hard boiled eggs, an avocado, and 1/4 of a tomato.

Meal 2: One hard boiled egg, an avocado, and 1/4 of a tomato (this may end up being my go-to meal.)

Meal 3: Half a hamburger patty, about 5 Brussels sprouts halves w/clarified butter, and 3/4 cup watermelon.

That was kind of heavy on the fruit for dinner, but it needs to be eaten and it was sooo good!

This was my second day without night-time insulin, and my blood sugar was 111 when I got up this morning. This is stupid-amazing, but I'm not complaining!

I am prescribed 52 units of insulin a day: 12 units of fast-acting Humulog and 40 units of Lantus, a basal insulin. On Day 1, I took eight units; on Day 2, I took six. 

No comments:

Post a Comment